I am interested in both foundation and application of Human Computer Interaction(HCI). Three major research fields are Data Mining and Visualization, Social Media Analytics, and Computer Vision. The motivation that walked me into the field of HCI was to develop better/smarter interaction techniques for human.
- Social Computing (Social Web Search & Mining / Information Reliability on the Web)
- User Interface Design and Human Factor Analysis
- Visual Analytics: Interactive Data Analysis and Information Visualizations
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition (Vision, Image, Text and Graph)
- Multimodal Interaction
- Cognitive Science – Human Perception and Recognition on the Web
- Media Art (Data Curation and Visualization)
- Adobe Research, San Jose, California, June – September, 2014
– Influential User Detection in Social Network (Social data analysis, Algorithm design and Interactive visualization)
- Yahoo! Labs Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain, June – September, 2013
- Research on entity-based exploratory and serendipitous search system, designing algorithm, user interface, and data visualization (LiMoSiNE project)
- Imaging Media Research Center (IMRC), Korea Institute of Science and Technology(KIST) in Seoul, South Korea, Jun – Aug, 2012
- Research on hand pose estimation using a single depth image
My CV is here.